With Hurricane Irma getting ready to hit the U.S. your friends at SlideMoor suggest now is a good time to make sure you have some hurricane supplies.
Supplies we recommend:
- Portable self-powered radio, two-way radio, or weather band radio
- First-aid kits
- Ground anchor systems/tie-down kits
- Gas/diesel fuel tanks
- Nonelectric coolers
- Portable generator
- Reusable ice
- Water and Food
Hurricane Preparedness Tips:
- Build an Emergency Kit
- Make a Family Communication Plan
- Make Plans to Secure Your Property
- Map Out an Evacuation Route
What about my boat?
We always recommend taking your boat out of the water during a hurricane; however if you decide to keep your boat tied up to your SlideMoor we recommend removing the stop bolt from the top of your track, double tying your boat, and putting out some bumpers and fenders. That way if the waves/surge go above your track, your boat will not be pinned down, instead the SlideMoor will slide off of the track and your boat will have the extra lines keeping it tied to your dock. We also recommend the following:
- Securing All Loose Items Including Canvas Tops
- Add Additional Dock Lines and Fenders
- Be Sure Your Vessel Has Sufficient Room to Compensate For Storm Surge
- If In Doubt, Move Your Vessel Out Of Harms Way
Be sure to have an evacuation plan in place and some emergency supplies set aside. Don’t forget about your pets, some shelters only allow service animals so be sure to make a plan for your pets as well.
Stay safe out there. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.